Thursday, November 17, 2011

Assembling my controller board

Now that my controller board electronics are done, I need to build the controller board. For the controls, I am using X-Arcade parts. These are actually left over buttons and joystick from my previous builds. One think to note. If you every build your own arcade machine, but sure to
not cheap-out on your hole saw. I did, and I paid the price. It took me three tries to finally get it right. You will need a 1 1/8th inch spade bit, or hole saw. The more common 1 inch spade will not work, and will leave you manhandling your holes.

I walked around Home Depot for a while before I made my decision on what I would make my control board out of. I am very please with my final design. It looks really good.


Once I put this all together, I started to wire it up. It took a couple hours and about 25 feet of wire, but everything works perfect!



Next time I'll start working on the cabinet.




No comments:

Post a Comment